Sunday, March 14, 2010

How did I spend 9 March,2010

On 9 March, my classmates all went on a excursion to celebrate the International Women's Day. They would start early in the morning. I couln't make it because I needed to put my two daughters to school. So I stayed at home, and decided to celebrate the International Women's Day by myself.

What I wanted to do most was enjoying the songs that I loved so much in a tidy and clean room without kids kept interrupting me. So after I came back from my daughter's school, I started to do cleaning. I thought to myself: after cleaning, I would lie down in the comfortable couch enjoying the songs heart and soul. A relaxing day was ahead. Thought of this, the household chores looked not as bored as usual. But When I cleaned my bedtalbe, I found some books I borrowed from library were nearly due. Oh, my god, I needed to return the books today. So I packed the books in a bag and ready to go. I thought I would be back soon and continued my plan of my day. Just then the phone rang, I picked it up, it was my friend who lives across the same street to me. She asked me if I was going out. "Yes, I am just wearing my shoes." I said. So she said:" That is good. If you are going out, please buy me a chinese cabbage, and if not, would you please take care of my kid while I am shopping."

After I returned the books from the Library, I wnet to the Chinese groceries. I thought to myself:" Since I am in the groceries, better buy more. For I am in the English class 3 days a week, I can't go shopping for the fresh vegies and fruits as often as usual."

At the entrance of woolworths, I met another friend whose daughter are in the same grade and same school with my daughter. We talked about the coming ICAS and NAPLAN test. And I told her I have the last year's test papers for the ICAS. So she told me she would come to my home to have a look.

I came back home with my hands full of bags. It is nearly 11:30. I packed the goods quickly and waited for my friend. I waited the whole noon, but she didn't come. At school we met when we both picked our girls, I asked her why she didn't come. She said:" I did go to your house, I pressed no 8, but no one answer. I thought you are out again." Oh, my God. I said,"I am in no 7. No worries, we can go to my home together right now." (This friend is also living across the same street)

We spent the afternoon talking about the kids' study, homework, and also what a headache it is to kept pushing them to study. We talked and complained till the time I had to cook dinner for the very hungry man who would come back from work soon.

That was part of my day, not the whole, houseworks never has endings.

1 comment:

  1. What a busy day it turned out to be instead of the quiet relaxing one you had planned!

    ReplyDelete